What We Offer
The Support Coordinators work with individuals with developmental disabilities in creating and developing life plans. Currently, Caregivers of New Jersey supports the 1,850 individuals living in developmental centers who wish to be transitioned into the community.
When choosing an agency to provide you with support coordination, you should ask:
- Have they been trained not only in Essential Lifestyle Planning, but the new NJ Individualized Support Plan (ISP) and the Person Centered Planning Tool (PCPT)?
- Do they have over 20 years experience in self direction?
- Do they have experience in working with various Discovery Tools, like Information Gathering Tool?
- Are they familiar with resources and Information in your county?
- Will they have your plans and services up and running within 30 days?
- Can they connect you to local support groups?
- Are they available for emergencies 24 /7?
- Do they offer a toll free number for your convenience?
- Do they provide a great customer service experience?
- Do you have presence in all of the Counties you serve?
- Have they been in business for 14 years, doing Support Coordination in NJ?
- Do you have a live person answering your phones from 8am to 5pm during the work week?
Support Coordination Agency Selection Form
In order to access services funded by the New Jersey Division of Development Disabilities, you will need to have a Support Coordination Agency (SCA). Please download the selection form below and follow the instructions. By using this Support Coordination Agency Selection form, you will be selecting Caregivers of New Jersey as your first choice for a Support Coordination Agency.
SCA Form (Word)
SCA Form (PDF)
New Jersey Lifespan Respite Coalition
Caregivers of NJ is involved in the operation of many county caregiving coalitions in New Jersey. These coalitions meet on a regular basis to discuss issues, events and projects relevant to their local community.
More NJLRC Info
Proud Member of the ARCH National Respite Network
The mission of the ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center is to assist and promote the development of quality respite and crisis care programs in the United States; to help families locate respite and crisis care services in their communities; and to serve as a strong voice for respite in all forums.
The ARCH National Respite Network includes the National Respite Locator, a service to help caregivers and professionals locate respite services in their community, the National Respite Coalition, a service that advocates for preserving and promoting respite in policy and programs at the national, state, and local levels, and the Lifespan Respite Technical Assistance Center which is funded by the Administration for Community Living in the US Department of Health and Human Services.
These services include advocating for caregivers rights and keeping caregivers abreast of pending legislation and breaking news. We also actively promote the creation and maintenance of county-based caregiver coalitions in NJ.
Advocacy services include advocating for caregivers rights and keeping caregivers abreast of pending legislation and breaking news. Excursions to visit legislators and state representatives are scheduled annually to shed light on the pressing issues.
We also actively promote the creation and maintenance of county-based caregiver coalitions in NJ. Click here to view a map of existing caregiver coalitions. If you would like to start your own coalition in a needed area, please contact Renata Svincicka at (732) 262-8020 or email@example.com.
Training & Events
The CNJ training department conducts interactive sessions intended to assist families of children with developmental disabilities targeting different age ranges in order to address unique needs. We also host the annual National Caregiver’s Conference for caregivers and professionals.
FRN and its affiliates offer frequent in-person trainings and live webinars to provide relevant information on topics affecting individuals with disabilities, their caregivers and families. All webinars are archived and available to view here.
We also host numerous family-fun, recreational and fundraising events throughout the year that are open to the public.
We’re Here to Help
If you would like to learn more about Caregivers of New Jersey services…